Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japan Earthquake Tsunami and Nuclear Crisis

My name is Yuki Hall and I am a student at Casco Bay High School in Portland Maine. I spent a week visiting Japan before the earthquake hit. It was heartbreaking to see images of Sendai and the surrounding areas that have been devastated by the earthquake and tsunami. Japan is now faced with a nuclear disaster second only to Chernobyl. I have many friends over there that are now struggling.  Japan has been the United States most important Asian ally for years. They have helped us through 911 and Katrina. Now it is our turn to do the same. I am trying to do what little I can by increasing awareness of the issue and encouraging people to donate to the Red Cross by promoting T-shirts that prominently feature the Red Cross website and opportunity for mobile donations. I'm doing this through a T-shirt design I created that my friends at Casco Bay High School think is very cool. All of the profits will go directly to the Red Cross. Japan has not seen such a catastrophe since the atom bomb; they need our help and support. It is up to us to show our friends and allies that we, the American 
people, care. Together we can help aid Japan.


If you are interested in a T-shirt contact me at: japanfirstaid@gmail.com


T-shirts are $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling.

9 comments:

  1. My name is Crow Dusk and I'm a CBHS student as well. I'm here to make sure there are no mistakes: this blog is real, and I know Yuki personally.

    100% of the proceeds to anything she sells is going to Japan. She has loved Japanese culture since she was very young, and has visited Japan multiple times. Her passion is what is driving her to help support this great country in a time of crisis.

    This girl has a big heart, and she will literally do anything she can to spread the word to help the people in need, and to her it doesn't matter if you buy her shirts or donate through another organization, she just wants the word spread and humanitarian aid to reach those in dire need of it.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Tyler Kelliher and I'm also a CBHS student. This blog is real and very important to Yuki, who has friends over in Japan and close ones that she cannot see or talk to. All of the sales that Yuki makes, will go directly to Japan. I know that Yuki has a huge love of Japanese Culture and would do anything to keep that love going. So please even if its a small gift of anything, Yuki, and the Japan will greatly appreiciate it! You can make a difference...Help Japan NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuki - it's incredible how caring and driven you are. I am honestly amazed at how much you have done and set in motion in the few days since the earthquake. You have shown me just how much of a difference a single individual can make with nothing more than an honest passion for what you are doing and the people you are trying to help.

    To anyone reading this: please, please buy her shirts or donate. If one person can do this much, enough of us together, no matter how small the contribution, can do so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you raise a lot of money for Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't have much nor much to say but i will help as much as i can

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go!! The world needs more people like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To anyone reading this, Yuki is doing a great job a this. I know her personally and I have been watching how much she has been doing. She has been doing everything she can to help as much as she can. I see how tired she get from doing this and I have to say to anyone reading this, it would lift a massive burden off her if we help out. Anything we can do will ease the suffering of Japan and would aid in getting more people involved in this effort as well.

    ReplyDelete